October 15, 2014

Gas Safe Manchester

Welcome to Uno Home – Gas Safe Manchester. From our base in south Manchester, we specialise in all heating services.

Our reputation rightly precedes us. We are second to none in Manchester when it comes to plumbing and heating services and we pride ourselves on the fact that we get the job done, on time and to only the most professional of standards.

Not only are our team of plumbers and engineers fully qualified, they also carry years of industry experience to ensure that their work meets the high standards our customers expect.

Our engineers at Uno Home – gas safe manchester are all Gas Safe registered, City and Guilds qualified and are recommended by the Energy Saving Trust and as such are fully qualified to undertake plumbing and heating jobs including repairs, routine maintenance and installations to homes and businesses in Manchester, Cheshire and the surrounding areas.

Heating and boiler repair If your boiler is on the blink we can help, our Uno Home – gas safe manchester registered engineers are experts in repairing almost all makes and models of boilers and central heating systems throughout Greater Manchester and North Cheshire.

If your boiler needs replacing we can assist in selecting the ideal replacement boiler that will save you £100`s per year in heating bills, we will also install your new boiler at a very competitive rate, please contact us for more information and a free no-obligation quote contact Uno Home – gas safe manchester HERE.

Contacting Uno Home – Gas Safe Manchester, Your Local Gas Safe Registered Engineers in Manchester
If you need any gas appliances installed or if you need one of our Gas Safe registered engineers to check whether you may need a replacement gas boiler or faulty gas appliance then Gas Safe Manchester can offer you an experienced service that is second to none.

Landlord Safety Certificates
All landlords are legally required to have all gas appliances in their properties checked every 12 months, and hold a gas safety certificate (CP12)

There is no actual reference in UK law, or made by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), that specifically relates to Gas Safety Certificate’s for landlords. The regulations state that a record must be kept of an annual gas safety check. However, as a landlord, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the safety of your tenants in property which you own.

Landlords are responsible for the maintenance and repair of flues, appliances and pipework which they own and have provided for use by tenants. All servicing MUST be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Landlords are responsible for ensuring that an annual gas safety check is carried out within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue, which you provide and annually thereafter by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

A copy of the safety check must be kept for two years, and a copy issued to the existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and a copy issued to any new tenants before they move in.

Gas Safe Manchester Plumbing & Heating can provide you with a fully qualified, Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out annual checks and subsequent repairs.

What if I use a letting/management agency?
Many landlords leave the management of their properties up to letting agencies, who manage the property and deal with things like collecting the rent from the tenants and dealing with any problems that arise with the property, on behalf of the landlord.

Therefore it is crucial that you, as the landlord, ensure that any contract drawn up between yourself and the letting agency, clearly specifies who is responsible for carrying out the maintenance and safety check duties, and keeping associated records.

If the contract specifies that the letting agent has responsibility, then the same duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 that apply to the landlord, apply to the letting agent.

In this situation an agent must arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer, for all pipework, appliances and flues, which the landlord owns and provides fore the tenants use.

Again, a copy of the safety check must be kept for two years, and a copy issued to the existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

A Uno Home – Gas Safe Manchester Plumbing & Heating engineer WILL always carry ID stating that they are Gas Safe registered and which appliances they are registered to work on.

For further assurance, the complete register of Gas Safe engineers is available via the Gas Safe Register website.

Annual Gas Safety checks carried out Uno Home – Gas Safe Manchester Heating in Manchester & Cheshire.